Monday, February 25, 2008

Science Monday


















We had fun learning about properties of water and oil today. C. decided to take things into her own hands and come up with her own experiments, as she is quite sure she will be a scientist when she grows up.
We started out using some experiments from the Pop Science kit she received for Christmas. It's very cute, you use the bottle it comes with to do all sorts of simple experiments with basic household items.

This morning G. had preschool so we got back in the swing of things with some reading and writing, math, and Faith & Life. C. was feeling quite tired and uninspired for some reason, so every 10 - 15 minutes we had to go around the house with a different exercise/stretching activity. First we did the silliest walk we had ever seen, then we jumped like frogs, and the next one (C.'s favorite) was sideways crabwalking. I'm glad the curtains were drawn for that one, I'm not sure my neighbors are ready to see me struggling across the living room with my head back and belly up - and I am quite certain I may have permanently damaged my hamstrings when I got back up. But the important thing is that the math lesson was complete!

Nobody can ever truly appreciate the sacrifices I make to homeschool - walking like a crab, waddling like a duck, slithering like a snake - I don't remember ever having to do that as a public school teacher. But, at least I can have coffee whenever I want and take snack breaks, although I'm not sure that is such a good thing...

No comments: