Sunday, July 20, 2008

A blogging break....

Wow! I can't believe I haven't blogged in almost 3 weeks. What have I been doing, you might ask, my faithful readers (both of you...)? Well, pretty much this:

and this...

Pretty much my thoughts have been consumed by the garden. There is nothing I look forward to more than growing our veggies and flowers. Last year, thinking we were moving, I didn't really do much with the garden. But here we are, and probably we'll be here for awhile, so I have really enjoyed getting my hands in the earth this year. And I am determined to actually enjoy it this year - you know, seeing the lovely plants and flowers instead of the weeds.

A bit of the front garden:


The first squash of the season. Woohoo!


And G.'s favorite - sugar-snap peas. mmmmmm....



For veggies, we have 6 varieties of tomatoes going - all of which I started from seed way back in the cold days of March. Then we have pumpkins, swiss chard, leeks, pole beans, 3 kinds of cucumbers, bell peppers, and squash. For herbs, basil, German chamomile, thyme, rosemary, chocolate mint, lemon balm, French sorrel, and spearmint.


And I just love these impatiens, which I also started from seed. They are made to tolerate more sun than regular ones and the colors are so bright and vivid. I have two big buckets of them that I just love.


So that's where I am if you need me - in the garden. Hopefully we have a good harvest and I'll have more pictures for you. Because I KNOW you want to see more, don't you?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yes, I do want to see more!


Your garden is beautiful!