Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Day

I suppose it is completely appropriate that I started off 2008 by cleaning puke up everywhere in my house. Poor G. caught the stomach bug with a vengeance and hasn't learned the fine art of rushing to the toilet. Funny how the bodily secretions of your own children, even the nasty stinky ones, rarely bother you. (Poor C. though, was quite queasy witnessing several of the bigger hurls)

Why think that the New Year should start off with a clean house, a lovely brunch, witty conversation and a good novel? No, that would be too cruel - the reality would creep in at some point. Better to be swept up in chaos, laundry, dirty dishes, an upset tummy, and an inordinate amount of vomit right from the start to be reminded of one's reality. 

Please don't get the impression that I am complaining or bemoaning my fate - I'm not! In fact, I was happy to take care of little G., and I am even happier he seems to be much better this morning. The life of a mother isn't always easy - we need the clouds and rain to remind us to be happy when the sun is shining and the roses are blooming.

No comments: