Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

We had a pretty mellow day here. After the excitement of C.'s recital and the party afterwards, we just kind of hung out a bit. The kids made some artwork for their dad. I stole the idea from this wonderful blog

First, I bought some canvases. I traced their feet and hands onto the canvas using pencils. Then they outlined and filled in with oil pastels, which they also used to write their names. Then we used watercolors to fill in the canvas. The oil pastels resist the watercolor so you can still see the hands, feet and names. George was very proud of writing his own name! They are very cute, but I think I should have followed the example and used smaller canvases because 1) it was too much work for George and he got tired of painting, and b) the paint would dry in areas and became splotchy looking. But I think Ron was pleased and they are very cute. Someday soon it will be funny to think of their hands and feet ever being that small...

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a great father's day present! You post so many great ideas here, I'm going to feel like your shadow!

I also marched on Washington at the first "pro-choice" rally, was that the one you went to? Anyway, I agree, I never, EVER would have thought I'd EVER ID as pro-life! Crazy how that works. I hope I can go to the march for life someday :)